The Student

This is a story beyond stories for librarians and libraries alike. Times are hard, and that's especially true to libraries. Not even two months ago the governor of New Jersey cut funding in half for libraries, and almost eighty libraries in New Jersey had to close their doors. Its just as true anywhere as there.

So why do I bring that up, well I bring it up because the as we are librarians, we are always trying to find ways to save you time and money and give you an education. For example I provided computer classes to those who would like to take it. Free mind you.

What happens when the day of the class comes, after I call all of the patrons interested TWICE? Only one person shows up. To that one person I must commend you, thank you! You have proven yourself worthy of taking this class. As for the rest of you, you have just wasted valuable time and resources that are already in a pinch for us. You make me angry, Mad Dog angry... Don't mess with me like that.

If you can't come to the class call the library, it saves us a lot. We have spend many hours providing these classes free to you. By snubbing us, you are leading us to the dark side of the force, meaning lost funds that could be spent on books, or any number of things. And I'm sad for the one student that did come, because without those that didn't come I couldn't have the class. They had to give of their time to come and couldn't even have the class!!!

So please be considerate come to these classes the librarians have lovingly provided. Who knows it might be worth your while!

Sincerely,

The Egg Wolfing Exhausted Librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment