FOL (Friends of the Library)

For a couple of months now, we have been trying to encourage patrons to join our Friends of the Library Club. Now I am desperate!  I plan to make a more diligent effort in convincing patrons that this is a good thing. I say this  because of a most embarrassing situation involving one of our patrons who made such a big deal over a 20 cents fine.   This lady began her day by calling us that morning.   She blasted us real good,  too.  (We survived this episode pretty well.)   But, hold on:  Here I am sitting at my desk when I feel this big gust of  "hot" air   bringing with it this giant of a woman ranting about that 20 cents again!  What the heck?!!!  I was so done with her that I told her that I would just waive her fine or pay it myself , but she wouldn't have it.  She paid the fine then told  me to pass the word that she would not be coming to our fine establishment ever again.  (I say she looked better going than coming anyhow!)  So my mission now is to make sure that I get the word out:  Please join our FOL Club; you can get fines waived, even get out of jail free.

Sincerely,
The Fun Crafter

No comments:

Post a Comment