My Favorite Part of the Job

Today was a great day!  Not.  Today was the day I work overdues.  Where do I start.  The people who swear they didn't check out the book ever.  Somehow it just got on their card.  Today I had one who said she never had been in the library.  Now how would she have gotten a card if that was true besides I remember her from the other day because she has a weird name.  Then there are those who just cuss you out for even calling them.  Has it ever dawned on them someone else might like to read that book that has taken up residence in their home.  Maybe even me.  What I really like is the ones who just breeze in to check out more books (that they won't bring back)  and get mad when you tell them they have to pay their fines first.  Boy they love that.  Now sometimes I forget to bring mine back on time also,  but I just fess up and turn over the money.  What ever happened to telling the truth and taking your punishment.  At least my favorite part of the job is over for another week.  Sometimes you have to look for the little things to brighten the day other times they're just hard to find..

The Stoic Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment