Havoc!!!!

What happens when none of your assistants come in on what we consider our Mondays?

Only one word... HAVOC.

If you can imagine being at Wal-Mart with only one cashier, imagine your the cashier. Well, for a librarian that's what it's like when you are alone working at a library. People are streaming in wanting computers, books, reference help, and oh-my-word, complaining about how slow the service is. *screaming*

So what do I do? Well the only thing any sensible person would do... okay maybe not so sensible thing... RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!

If you think a librarians job is easy, try being alone in a library doing everything we have to do for a day. Yeah, I didn't think so. So here I am running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to get computers working faster, help patrons, check out books, get on the phone, order books, and well... pretty much doing as much multi-tasking as I possibly can do in the short time I have before I say, 'UNCLE!!!!'

Sincerely,

The Egg Wolfing, Exhausted Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment