And The Coat is Off

I'm soo relieved the new director is here!!! I can't tell you how it truly feels like the coat is finally coming off. No more responsibility other than taking care of the volunteers and reading books. I'd almost forgotten how good it felt!

But I do have to say I am a little sorry for the new director. Everyday a million calls come in, all asking for me and now I'm having to turn them over to her and she's already swamped with too much work. Awe, boy do I remember those days. And unlike her 40 year experience, I only had a years experience working in a library. Look how I turned out... *twitch, twitch*...

So now the fun begins in teaching her all about what it means to be a PUBLIC librarian, and not a SCHOOL librarian. I got to say for this poor woman she's doing good. Her desk is a mess(my only complaint), but she isn't the obsessive compulsive organizer I am . So congrats to you new librarian... I take my hat off to ya'.


Sincerely,
The Egg Wolfing, Exhausted Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment